Brexit – We Are Ready
01 November 2020
With the UK's imminent departure from the EU, we have put measures in place to mitigate any potential complications and to ensure that trade with our key partners isn’t disrupted.
We have been in regular contact with key EU suppliers regarding their level of preparation:
- Our stock holding has been Increased to over £6m – this is a considerable increase compared to normal stock levels
- We have new local external storage in place, which has provided an additional 6,000 pallet spaces – this allows us to hold larger quantities of stock to eliminate any potential border control or customs issues
- We are aware of any product ranges which are most likely to be affected by tariffs in the event of there being a no trade deal – we have tried to mitigate this wherever possible.
- Our VJT fleet remain unaffected by logistical changes, for example the Kent border
- We will increase all stock that could be impacted by tariffs, to an extra 6-12 weeks depending on shelf life and availability