Queen Alexander Hospital Project
£170m Construction of State of the Art Hospital - PFI Scheme
- The original brackets for fixing the composite panels to the concrete slab were re-designed and ‘value engineered’ by VJT. Using a sophisticated software design package the number of anchors required for the anchorage was reduced from 4 to 2 by using a high performance FZA undercutanchor
- A 50% reduction in anchors and a significant reduction in drilling improved both efficiency and the health & safety of the operatives as they had less exposure to HAVS, dust [RCS] and noise.
- In certain situations there was a requirement for anchors at very close edge distances, where there would have been an increased risk of splitting failure of the concrete. VJT overcame the potential problem using the innovative FHB resin anchor that combined though fixing [speedy and accurate installation], with high performance and ‘stress free’ technology.
- Site operatives were trained and regular site inspections took place to ensure correct installation of anchors.
- 200% increased productivity and 50% reduction in anchor material costs.
VJ Technology, Technology House, Brunswick Road, Cobbs Wood Industrial Estate, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1EN