Network Rail Thameslink Project
Fixing Catenary to Masonry Lined Tunnels
- The traditional method, using M16 anchors in a slow curing mortar, was considered inefficient. The risk of ‘project overrun’ and the potential additional cost of line closure for extended line possession were of concern. A more efficient method was therefore required.
- VJT ‘value engineered’ a system that allowed the brackets to be fixed in less than 10 minutes; which compared to 1 hour using the original system.
- Reduced risk of ‘over run’ and associated line closure costs.
- Simple, consistent and, therefore, safer fixing system
- Extensive testing was undertaken to prove that the system had sufficient capacity and durability for the application
VJ Technology, Technology House, Brunswick Road, Cobbs Wood Industrial Estate, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1EN